- Commercial newsletters: Again, a great way to help you keep the commercial accounts that you have worked so hard to acquire and to acquire new accounts by sending a newsletter to potential customers that you are trying to obtain. These companies will produce a quality newsletter for you so you don’t have to spend the enormous amount of time and energy that it takes to produce one yourself.
- Note pads (with name, phone number and company logo):
a. Give a couple to each customer;
b. Real estate agents (very effective);
c. Insurance agents, adjusters.
- Targeted brochures: These brochures are designed so that the entire brochure is dedicated to one specific service or aspect of your cleaning service, such as:
a. Commercial cleaning brochure;
b. Apartment cleaning specialty brochure;
c. Real estate specialty brochure;
d. Upholstery cleaning brochure;
e. Fabric protection brochure.
- Phone solicitation machines:
These machines automatically do the telemarketing for you while you’re out doing other things. Due to the large number of calls these machines are capable of , with the right ‘script’ they can produce a large volume of job bookings. The downside to these machines are that many people may be insulted and annoyed by them.
- Sandwichboard signs: These are designed to be placed in front of the home or commercial facility where you are cleaning to let everyone know who is doing the cleaning and should contain a short sales message. One effective use for signs is you can attach a small box on the front to hold your company brochures or business cards (Vehicle Pockets Business Card Advertising Kit) with a sign that says “Please take one”. This is an effective way to get the most advertising with the least amount of effort.
- Spotting charts: These charts are useful items that your customer will keep around for a long time. Printed up in large quantities with you company name, phone number and logo, they are effective and cost effective marketing tools.
a. Give one to all of your customers;
b. Hand out at home shows/exhibits, etc;
- Coupon packet (coop) advertising: This is where a number of businesses advertise through the same direct mailout to save money on postage, etc. One example is the Val Pak advertising that is prevalent in many cities and larger towns.
- Customer briefing sheets: This is a simple form that can be given to the customer after the inspection that describes the customer’s responsibilities before you come to her house to perform the cleaning. This form will inform the customer to remove all breakable items from furniture to be moved, move all small furniture from the areas to be cleaned, pin up drapery and chair flaps, etc.
This will not only help you process each job more quickly (saving you much time), it also involves the customer and makes her feel a part of the cleaning process.
- Fabric protector “blotter cards”: These are demonstration tools and will greatly enhance your ability to sell fabric protection treatments to the customer as demonstrations are the greatest sales aids. You can acquire these blotter cards from your supplier of fabric protection treatments (Scotchgard, DuPont Teflon, etc.).
- Appointment calendars: Bought in fairly large quantities these appointment calendars are very reasonable and are very effective at keeping your name in from of the customer throughout the year.
- Selling environmentally safe cleaning; With growing concern in this country about health related issues and the environmental impact of chemical use, pollution, etc., one very effective way to set your company apart from the competition is to use environmentally sound products (Benefect 100% Natural Disinfectant) and procedures in your cleaning process and promote your company as an environmentally friendly company. This form of “specialized” cleaning will attract the very best customers and will allow you to charge a somewhat higher price for your services.
*** EXPECT TO SUCCEED AND DO WHATEVER (HONESTLY AND ETHICALLY) IT TAKES TO ASSURE THAT SUCCESS!!! ***
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.
New and Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Equipment and Water Damage Restoration Supplies