- Sales Scripts: Preparing and practicing a sales script will help give you the confidence to sell your services because you will know what you are going to say before you say it and you can get the points across to each customer that you want to stress.
- Business plans/goal setting: The only way you can get anywhere is to know where you want to go and how you are going to get there. Developing a written plan for your business and setting specific goals that you want to achieve is essential for long-term and short-term growth of your company.
- Customer relations: How you treat your customers will determine the long-term success or demise of your company. All company personnel should be reminded constantly of the importance of not “biting the hand that feeds you”.
- Charting your calls: This is simply keeping track of where your customers are coming from. Ask each customer how they found out about your company and write down each answer. This will help you determine which advertising medium is providing the greatest response and which one the least so that you can distribute your advertising dollars in the most effective areas.
- Free giveaways: People love to get something for nothing and will respond to free giveaways such as:
a. “Free spot remover with cleaning;”
b. “Free deodorization with cleaning;”
c. “Free carpet maintenance kit with 3 or more rooms of carpet cleaning;”
c. “Free box of laundry detergent with 2 or more rooms of carpet cleaning;”
- Pricing your services: Determine what you feel is a fair price that will be competitive and will produce an acceptable profit margin for your services and put it in writing in your business plan and stick to it. This way you don’t end up doing “charity work” (you are not a non-profit organization) and so that if two or more of your customers get together and compare prices, you won’t have to explain why you charged Mrs. so-and-so more than you charged her neighbor (see what I mean?)
- Reference lists: Providing reference lists to your customer or satisfied past customers greatly increases your clients confidence in your ability to satisfy your customers and will increase your chances of booking them as a customer.
- Open House: If you operate your business from an office outside your home, having a yearly open house is a great way to show off your equipment, talk with potential customers, hand out your brochures, put on cleaning demonstrations, offer discount cleaning coupons, have drawings for free carpet cleaning etc., introduce your customers to your employees, etc. and is a very effective way to introduce your company to a large number of potential customers. Naturally you will want to have your office, work area and equipment sparkling clean and all employees dressed in fresh, clean company uniforms to make the best possible impression.
- Press releases: Press releases about anything newsworthy that happens within your company are a cost effective (Free) way to get your name out to the public in a positive way and should be used as often as possible.
- Sales to real estate offices: Having a number of real estate offices working for you can be a continuous source of job bookings since they are constantly in contact with people who want (need) their carpeting cleaned for quicker sale of their home. Some ways to sell your services to real estate offices:
a. Personal visits to offices;
b. Rolodex cards/laptop/iPad/cellphone (for continued reference);
c. Sales letters;
d. Direct mailings (brochures);
e. Provide note pads to each real estate agent in the offices with your company name, logo and phone number.
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.
New and Used Professional Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Equipment